E-Governance is the implementation of ICT tools. The ICT stands for Information and Communication Technology in the government sectors and department. The central E-Governance is to make government services simple, efficient, accessible, transparency and convenient. The use of E-governance is to overcome the traditional boundaries. That is of a traditional paper-based system. It is the enhancement of current government. And it also helps to provide better government services to the citizen for quick and effective service. Hence, E-governance delivers SMART government.
The main moto of E-Governance provide the real-time services to the citizens. The E-Governance isn’t solely an internet site on the web. E-governance is providing governmental services that are accessible through the internet from remotely. It refers to any all government process or function that is out online in digital form.
Similarly, E-governance is the involvement of digital democracy, online service delivery. Likewise, it is also as online citizen participation. An ordinary national gets the govt. facility through the web. E-governance is the network that includes government, public, and business organizations.
There are many dimensions streamlined and drivers identified to make our “New Nepal” dreams come true. One of such dimensions is the reformation of the government. That means to say governance and its service process should be well reengineered to fulfill the aspirations of its citizens. Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and its tools will facilitate its effective and economic transformation.
- E-government helps simplify processes and makes access to government information more easily accessible for public sector agencies and citizens
- Greater citizen participation on government works.
- E-government allows citizens to interact with computers to achieve objectives at any time and any location, and eliminates the necessity for physical travel to government agents sitting behind desks and windows
- E-government include efficiency, improved services, better accessibility of public services, and more transparency and accountability
- support economic growth and reduce poverty by improving ICT accessibilities and developing e-government applications
- provide better and efficient Service to the Public
- prove government as an efficient good Government
- E-Government can fulfil the mandate of government formulating a new vision of how government views its citizens, employees and businesses, and building a citizen-centered, service-oriented, public-participative government with efficient, accountable, transparent and performance government system.
- provide citizen-centered services for improving citizens’ convenience, including: provision of on-line public service, provision of multi-channel delivery
- provide transparent services for facilitating business activity, including: provision of one-stop public service, disclosure of administrative information and processes
- ICT based online service is the most democratic and unbiased service system. It offers civil right to all or any races, genders, ethnic groups.
- To provide networked services for efficient administration, including: computerization and integration, standardization of government administration
- E-Government breaks the barrier of geographical diversity and makes the government services handy to all citizens at villages who are even not connected by roads and opens up many opportunities
- It’s important to empower and motivate government employees to expect better service from them
The strategic objective of e-governance is to support and change governance for all parties – government, citizens, businesses and its employees. The use of ICTs will connect all 3 parties and support processes and activities. There may be two major objectives of e-governance:
- Service to the Public: This objective of e-government is to satisfactorily fulfill the public’s wants and expectations on the front-office aspect, by simplifying their interaction with various online services. The use of ICTs in government operations facilitates speedy, transparent, accountable, efficient and effective interaction with the public, citizens, business and other agencies.
- Economical Government: within the back-office, the objective of e-government in government operations is to facilitate a speedy, transparent, accountable, efficient and effective process for performing government administration activities. Significant value savings (per transaction) in government operations are often the result.
For implementing these ways into reality, government must be subjected to transformation.
The transformation method isn’t very easy and not therefore straightforward. It needs a coherent strategy and will begin with AN examination of the nation’s regulative atmosphere and therefore the ability of the population to create use of planned technologies. The primary driving issue for e-government reform shouldn’t be the potential it offers to save lots of cash and reformation doesn’t mean cutting workers. The savings incurred from e-government initiatives most frequently profit the companies and voters utilizing the improved system a lot of therefore than the govt. agencies that invested with in them to start with. In order to comprehend the advantages of transformation themselves, governments must develop a citizen-centric model involving key stakeholders outside of government—community, businesses, professional associations, scientists, academics and NGOs. Without their input and demand, even e-government projects that focus on internal government processes may not prove successful because citizens are unlikely to use a system that does not respond to their needs.
Process reform, leadership, strategic investment, collaboration and citizen participation are essential elements in the transformation process. Once government makes ways to rework the governance method, it must prepare to meet the significant challenges and opportunities that will arise during implementation. The implementation method ought to address the problems of infrastructure development, law and public policy, e-literacy, accessibility, privacy, security and men problems. Awareness, education and rollout programs are also needed. To make the e-governance initiative successful, a good marketing program is required throughout the country to encourage citizens to make use of them.